Banjo Camp North 2017
May 19, 20, 21, 2017
The Camp is held in
Banjo Camp North is a fun-packed weekend for banjo and ukulele players and fiddlers, and for folks who want to become banjo or ukulele players or fiddlers.
Here’s what to love about Banjo Camp North:
- The Banjo. The Ukulele. The Fiddle.
- Classes and workshops on a wide variety of topics for all skill levels, from beginners to advanced players.
- Most classes and workshops are hands-on, while a few are lectures or demonstrations.
- Faculty are leading musicians on the national scene and regional favorites. They’re excellent teachers.
- A variety of acoustic genres is covered, including traditional and progressive bluegrass, old time, and jazz.
- Guided and informal jams are held throughout the weekend, in various genres and for all skill levels.
- Faculty concerts on Friday and Saturday after dinner and before evening jams.
- Lots of informal opportunities to “pick” with faculty and other students.
- Camaraderie with other people who share your passion for the banjo, ukulele or fiddle.
- A luthier on duty at a vendor table to help you with your instrument; and CDs and DVDs by the faculty will be available for sale.
- One-on-one or small group tutoring available from support faculty in other instruments (mandolin, guitar, and bass) at no additional cost.
- Comfortable housing, and good food at tables shared by campers and faculty.
For more information, contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 203-362-8807.
- New This Year: Fiddle classes, taught by Laura Orshaw, Bronwyn Keith-Hynes, and Jane Rothfield. Ukulele classes taught by Marcy Marxer.
- Banjo & Adjunct Faculty features Tony Trischka, Alan Munde, Tom Adams, Allison deGroot, Cathy Fink, Adam Hurt, John Herrmann, Catherine (“BB”) Bowness, Michael Miles, Marcy Marxer, Bob Altschuler, Dick Bowden, Howie Bursen, Ron Cody, Wendy Cody, Beth Hartness, Lorraine Hammond, Bennett Hammond, Pete Kelly, Dave Kiphuth, Larry Marschall, Evan Murphy, Glenn Nelson, Ben Pearce, Tim Rowell, Nate Sabat, Rich Stillman, Bruce Stockwell, Kelly Stockwell, and Tony Watt.