Guitar & Mandolin Camp North 2017
April 7, 8, 9, 2017
Guitar & Mandolin Camp North is a fun-packed weekend for mandolin, guitar, and Dobro® players, and for folks who want to become mandolin, guitar or Dobro® players.
Here’s what to love about Guitar & Mandolin Camp North:
- Classes and workshops on a wide variety of topics for all skill levels, from beginners to advanced players
- Most classes and workshops are hands-on, while a few are lectures or demonstrations.
- Faculty are leading musicians on the national scene and regional favorites. They’re excellent teachers.
- A variety of acoustic genres is covered, including traditional and progressive bluegrass, blues, jazz, and Celtic music.
- Guided and informal jams are held throughout the weekend, in various genres and for all skill levels.
- Faculty concerts on Friday and Saturday after dinner and before evening jams.
- Lots of informal opportunities to “pick” with faculty and other students.
- Camaraderie with other people who share your passion for the guitar, mandolin, or Dobro®.
- A luthier on duty at a vendor table to help you with your instrument; and CDs and DVDs by the faculty will be available for sale.
- One-on-one or small group tutoring available from support faculty in other instruments (fiddle, banjo, and bass) at no additional cost.
- Comfortable housing, and good food at tables shared by students and faculty.
For more information, contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 203-362-8807.
- New This Year: Resonator Guitar (Dobro) classes, taught by Grammy winning Stacy Phillips and by Jimmy Heffernan
- Mandolin, Guitar & Support Faculty: Mike Compton, Frank Solivan, Lorraine Hammond, Don Stiernberg, Rich DelGrosso, David Surette, Susie Burke, Dick Bowden, Chris Brashear, Skip Gorman, Bennett Hammond, Paul Howard, Lincoln Meyers, Glenn Nelson, Laura Orshaw, Ben Pearce, Neil Rossi, Bruce Stockwell, Kelly Stockwell, Tony Watt, and more to come.