- Classes and workshops on a wide variety of topics for all skill levels, from novice to advanced players on mandolin.
- Most classes and workshops are hands-on, while a few are lectures or demonstrations.
- A variety of acoustic genres is covered, including traditional and progressive bluegrass, blues, and jazz.
- Guided and informal jams are held throughout the weekend, in various genres and for all skill levels.
- Faculty concerts on Friday and Saturday after dinner and before evening jams.
- Lots of informal opportunities to “pick” with faculty and other students.
- Camaraderie with other people who share your passion for the mandolin.
- A luthier on duty at a vendor table to help you with your instrument. CDs and DVDs by the faculty will be available for sale.
- Comfortable housing, and good food at tables shared by students and faculty.
Mandolin Camp North is a fun-packed weekend for mandolin players, and for folks who want to become mandolin players. Here’s what to love about Mandolin Camp North: